Wednesday, August 22, 2007

meTa4s

I'm feeling very forgotten. Like I'm the cell phone that was left on the nightstand. No one likes to be without their cell phone. And I think the world should not like to be without me.

I'm feeling very misplaced. Like I'm the red sock mixed in with all the white socks. No one wants a red sock in their white sock laundry. And I feel like no one wants me.

I wish I felt more passion. Like I was the pinapple in your chinese sweet and sour chicken.

I wish I felt more connected. Like I was the shirt on the laundry line, unique from all the rest, but feeling the same breeze between my sleeves.

I wish I'd fall in love. Like I could be the vine aching for the sun to warm the fuzz on my leaves and longing for my love through the cold, dark nights.

Now, I'm feeling more myself. Like I am the ocean, who doesn't force the waves to beat rythmically on the sand, nor concentrate hard to blow the wind, it simply is the water, the waves, the wind, and the sand moving together to be the sea.

No comments: