Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Student Teaching - Day 65

Well, now that it's done and over, I have to say, it was worth all the sweat, tears, sleepless nights, anxious mornings and semesters of planning.  I really had a blast (even though that last sentence makes it seem really painful--but it mostly applies to the semesters leading UP to my Student Teaching.)

Today, Mrs. Josie surprised me with a book of notes from my students.

Book Cover
Honestly, I shed a few tears (some of laughter!) but all the notes were very sincere and sweet.  I'm going to miss everyone!  Here's a few of my faves just for kicks and giggles:

From a student who claimed to hate computers.

From his friend who loved computers and was VERY good at them.

From all the TA's

From a sweet girl obsessed with Cody, obviously.

From a student who had a traumatic experience at the begging of the semester.
She is seriously the braves girl in that whole school.
(Also very classy, sweet and smart.... and talkative.)
From an awesome TA who worked with me for two class periods.

From my students, some with disabilities, all of whom worked VERY hard to succeed in class!

From the Cody previously mentioned.
He was a sweet kid (even if he did flirt with all the ladies to the point of distraction -- which
was a problem that we worked together on until we were both happy with the arrangement).

In all reality, I am surprised at how easy it was for me to get into a groove.  It's like I got started, got busy and then looked up only to find that that I was at the end.  I am really grateful I had some serious support to make it fun.  Thanks to my cooperating teacher, Josie Reynaud, I can say that it was an amazing experience and very fun to complete!  She told me in the very beginning that the best way to keep my sanity was to go to lunch with her and the ladies every day.  Boy was she right!  Getting to know the Lunch Bunch (a group of VERY fun ladies who probably wish to remain anonymous!) made the time go faster and helped me to laugh at the stuff that didn't really matter.  I found that their friendship made me want to work in a school more than anything. It was nice to have teachers and staff members see me as a co-worker, even though I was a volunteer.  Thanks to everyone at SHHS who made me fall in love teaching!

No comments: